Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Kind of a big deal...




Lordy be! These last two  three months have been quite a ride. The holidays I dreaded so came and went. Though it was tough at times we had a great time...















The above pictures are from Christmas at my grandma's. I have soo many amazing memories through the years here.

In the midst of the holidays I had some life changing events taking place. I had recently been looking for a new job at the university and took a leap of faith and applied for one off campus in the town where I grew up...where my family still lives. Low and behold I got an interview for it and with a lot of talking to God I decided this might actually be where I belonged. My home for the last 7+ years has been Starkville and it seemed crazy for me to actually leave a place I loved so much. Could I actually leave my beloved Starkville/campus and move back home...so close to family?! My plan was to go into the interview and the vibe I got from the office and the people would determine my decision. Y'all....I loved it. I hit it off with everyone I met. I've never felt so comfortable during an interview. They even took me around the land showing me all that they did there...we're basically talking back roads on the interview...SOLD! I left the interview truly excited and feeling like this place was my future home. Two weeks later I was offered the job. I was ecstatic. The craziness then ensued. The paperwork process took a LONG time and with the holidays instead of starting my new job two weeks after I accepted it, I did not get to start it until almost two months after accepting it. In fact, my first day is in two days...get excited!! (Sooo I'm possibly the worst blogger ever & have now been at the job almost 4 weeks). Again, it hit me how big of a deal this was. I wasn't simply moving to a new position on campus, in the same town. I was going to be working and living in a different town. Oh boy...simmer down anxiety! I had to get my apartment subleased and figure out my new living situation. Side note- big purchases like cars and houses are usually very stressful to the normal person. I LOVE it. Oh, the high I get from finding the perfect thing I want and getting it for the right price :D. That is my grandpa's blood pumping through me right there.

So with the excitement of this new change coming along slowly but surely it was bittersweet leaving Starkville. I decided I would take pictures of some of my favorite things and memories for a blog post. Lots of pics to follow...seriously my last week there it got to the point I was like 'aww look at that sink...let me take a picture of that!'


The following will be some of my favorite views from my office or Starkville in general:


The view from one of my office windows

                       
The same view exactly a month later...I thought it was neat ;)













View of The Junction on a Friday from my building
A drive to work one morning. Sunny at my apartment and a huge black cloud over campus...

















I will absolutely miss the random signs that hang from my building. Montgomery Hall has soo much school spirit! True Maroon!
Beautiful sunset from my office window

The view I had from my parking lot. LOVED seeing this every day.
One thing I won't miss ha! I was clearly only going 16 because I was trying to get a picture of it ;)

Just another gorgeous view leaving work one day
The beautiful Montgomery Hall


I will not cry, I will not cry....ha but for real! The awesome street I lived on. Hartness St. is famous in these parts. Sooo many memories!

I mean how awesome are the views on this campus!?

Me walking into work on my last day
What I saw as I was leaving campus on my last day. I was pretty much balling at this point :(











Now....here come pics of my last 'hoorah' in town (as a resident). I visited some of my favorite places...lets be honest Starkville is my favorite place in general ;)

No caption required for this one. Yumm!

Fire!!

One of my favorite places to go. Just a walk over the bridge from my apartment. Perfection!

Ok....You don't understand how annoying I was about talking pictures of every little thing my last few weeks and some how I can't find ANY pictures of our dinner at Little Dooey's which is AMAZING and just a hop and a skip from my apartment. Sad!


This is the only pic from that night and doesn't really count because there are no pics of my food...isn't that right, Darnell!? He's one of my bff's from college and he LOVES food pics ;)
Rachel (the sweetest girl you will ever meet) and I at Dave's. All of my friends know I am not a fan of this place :/ but I have to say I had a blast this night and they make AMAZING bloody mary's! The fact that the following video is the type of music/band that was playing that night might describe why I had so much fun haha.
I know, right?! hehehe


We went to Old Venice for dessert and drinks one night.



OMG y'all, can we say AMAZING!!



























I love everything about this place :)
Crawfish Nachos. Oh my!


















Sunday blue plate 'brunch' is a must!
My sweet coworkers took me out for lunch my last week. The best Mexican place in town...
Yep, I'll miss those! (It's all in the THIN chips)


One thing I'll miss the most this Spring is going right around the corner to get crawfish...anytime I want it :(


A shirt I got for Christmas that will be oh so true!














And this my friends is my new adventure.Though I will miss Starkville beyond words I'm excited to get things going in my new location. Just waiting on life to happen, ya know?
And like that my time is over in Starkville (as a resident). I had a lot more pictures to add to this blog, but I'm a very impatient person and it was taking just TOO long. Let's be honest though, this post was mainly for myself anyway so I'm sure you won't mind ha. Oh, and I will NOT miss having to pay for parking especially gated parking ;)

Well there it is...the 'famous' post my friends heard so much about as I was preparing to leave Starkville. After almost a month out of Stark I will be returning this weekend for OPENING DAY!!!! Excited does not described what I am about this baseball season!! Get ready for lots of post about it :)

Btw I put this post together over a months time and though I'm sure it can't be as bad as me typing on an iphone excuse the mistakes!

-Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment