Let me give you a little background story to give you an idea of my love for sports. Growing up I was a complete tomboy there for a few years. I faithfully watched WWF and WCW every Monday night and boy did I love some baseball aka the Atlanta Braves. Most girls my age had posters from the latest Teen Bop on their walls but mine were covered in Atlanta Braves posters and news clippings. Instead of keeping a diary I kept a Braves book. I clipped articles from every paper and put them in my scrapbook along with writing my embarrassing commentary. The highlight of my week would be going to 'the baseball store' where I carefully picked out my latest baseball cards, posters and signed memorabilia. Eventually years down the road I decided it was time to become a girl and retire my Braves gear and hang my N*SYNC, etc. pics. Let me be honest here...to this day I STILL have 1 Javy Lopez plaque (with signed baseball card of course) and Javy Lopez beanie baby bear sitting on the shelf in my bedroom at my parent's house. No shame.
Over the last few years I've really gotten back into watching Braves games. With the Bobby Cox and Chipper Jones ERA quickly dwindling down I had to witness it one last time for the inner child/tomboy in me. And of course I'm hooked on the 'new' Braves, but never fear I can happily say there is no WWE watching in my life. ;)
The following pictures will sum up my last few weeks:
It's CHOPTOBER!!
You're becoming a Braves fan just from these pics aren't you?? I don't blame you!
How can you not love Baseball??
Umm, ok it's time for real talk. This man (Dan Uggla) should soo be in the lineup right now. Fredi made the worse call ever on this one.
When I haven't been nervously watching the Braves I've been enjoying some Mississippi State Football. Tailgating season is so much fun. There is great food, company, weather (for the most part), and the atmosphere in Starkville is unbeatable. There just isn't a better way to spend a Fall Saturday in the South than this. This weekend we had Bulldog Bash in this lovely college town I live in and call home. I had a great time with all my friends who came to town and partook in all the activities we had going on. You have your 'home away from home' well these people are my 'family away from family'.
SB and I always have a good time together. Never a dull moment!
I love getting to see these lovely ladies so much during the Fall. We have so much fun and can laugh together for days.
My little brother even made it to hang out with me this weekend!! He's my role model.
And this is our new 'Family Sunday Lunch' tradition at the Veranda. It is the best! Such a great way to end a wonderful weekend. If you don't know what a blue plate lunch is...bless your heart!
And guess what!? It was 52 degrees this morning!!!
Happy Fall Y'all!!









No comments:
Post a Comment