Several things have went on that are 'blog worthy' (in my eyes). We attempted a camping trip Memorial Day weekend. The guys camped Friday night and Me (the only girl brave enough to fight the heat....and baby less ha) and Riley joined Saturday night. He decided at 10:30 PM he was ready to get in the tent and go to bed....while watching TV. Oh, the horrified look he gave me when I told him, "Riley, we didn't bring a TV.". Needless to say we slept in my bed, in the comfort of home that night.
![]() |
| Riley helping pawpaw shuck corn |
![]() |
| He loves roasting marshmallows! |
![]() |
| This place has my heart |
Our beloved MSU baseball season came to an early end. It's pretty good when you make it to the Regionals and are still disappointed about how your season ended. No one can really compare to the class, character and program we have when it comes to MSU baseball.
(Btw when I have the filling to post a new blog I'll go through my phone and email pics to my computer. A way of reminding myself what has went on in life. Weeks can pass before I actually write the blog...I find it so funny the different moods I'm in when sending pictures and when I actually do the writing. I obviously felt like writing a lot about MSU baseball with the amount of pics I sent haha.)
Excuse me for not cropping these and making them look all pretty. These are just a few to help describe our team and season :)
![]() |
| Big Poppa is always a fan favorite! |
![]() |
| Just ONE of our RECORD crowds (those TSUN fans get all jealous of this) |
We had a wedding, y'all! My cousin got married and it was such a beautiful wedding. My grandpa would have loved all the decorations, especially the swing he built.
Some friends and I attempted Elvis Fest and got rained on....a lot.
And then it was Father's Day weekend. My dad wanted a specific garden hoe, soo my dad. And we took it upon ourselves to take care of my brother this Father's Day too. I got Ava one day during the week to work on crafts for Brandon's gifts. Let me just say they turned out precious and she had a ball doing them. Well she had a ball painting, by the end of our 'photo session' she looked at me with the most serious 2 year old face and said, "Kay Kay, I hate this"...such a little drama queen. It's so funny to see what new things she's learned from the last time we've seen her.
All week prior to Father's Day weekend there was a void in my heart. I always miss my grandpa...not a day goes by that I don't. But this week I seemed to be super sad over him not being around. I guess you could blame it on the pending holiday approaching, but I really didn't feel like that was it. He was just on my heart, a lot. I would be overly sad and emotional over the most random things. I woke up one night and tears just started flowing. Not sure what it was about the 60 seconds I'd been awake at 3 AM that morning, but my heart wanted to be sad at that moment. I was leaving Wal-Mart one day and saw the guy who I assume paid for our meal while eating Mexican one day a few months back and immediately almost started crying. Had to fight back the tears so hard while unloading my bags into the car. Once I started driving away it was on...ugly cry alll the way home. People IDK what was up, but Lordy be I was more emotional than a pregnant lady.
On Father's Day we had invited my grandma to eat with us and when I called reminding her of it I could tell she was really down. Somehow in the conversation she said she wanted to go to grandpa's grave, and me being the emotional basket case I'd been over him all week knew I could NOT do that. My word vomit took over and I volunteered to take her ???? Luckily my mom and Riley joined us and I must say I am soo glad I went. I had not been since he'd been buried and the finished tombstone had been set. It was perfect; a cabin and simply the words 'Precious Memories'. It fit him so well…so well that I will post pics of it.
I am not a picture of a grave type of person. A grave site can mean or not mean so much to a person; I'm sure we all have different views of it. I've always thought of it as a place with a name and date. The person was obviously not there and if I wanted to talk to them I could do that anywhere, why would I go to a place that just seemed so gloomy? After that visit I see it a little differently. I understand it can mean so much to someone to sit right there at that grave and 'talk' to whoever it is. It can give them so much peace and comfort. Another quirky thing about me....I HATE the RIP reference. I'll be in heaven; I will not be resting anywhere here in peace. I hate it...when I die please do not say RIP for me. ;)
![]() |
| A closer look |
I've been listening to the new Miranda Lambert CD on the DAILY. There are several songs that I relate to. The more and more I listen to one classy song titled 'Old Sh!t' (don't judge) the more parts of it remind me of my grandpa.
"Singin hymns, skippin stones
When I think of him I think of home,
I'm a fan of it, old sh!t
Now grandpa’s trash is my treasure
He don't feel pain only pleasure"
I have FINALLY decided on not renting or buying a home right now. Instead I will be renovating an old store into a house. My grandpa helped build every house that his kids live in and growing up I couldn't wait for the day that grandpa would help build my house. That can't happen now, but I have the next best thing. My grandpa built this store and things inside the store...I can use the foundation he created and make it my own while incorporating things he made. I'm sure passer byers have looked at that old building through the years and thought nothing of it but an old empty building that's wasting space.
"Now grandpa's trash is my treasure". I'm a very impatient person so I'm sure it will be a slow process, but I can't wait to see the final project…my treasure. There will definitely be a blog on it :)
Back to Father's Day. I did not post a picture of my daddy on social media with some sappy post. One because my dad does not have social media and two since he would not see it why blast it in people's faces who were struggling with the fact of not having their dad that day. Here is a picture of my daddy working on blue prints for the store. I thank the good Lord that he got his carpenter skills from my grandpa!
*Raw*
So with the emotional past week I had it has opened up my eyes to some things. Things I already knew, but have to be reminded of. No matter how bad we think we have it, things could always get or be worse. I find myself getting more annoyed than ever with people who complain or especially people who do things that are flat out wrong just to hurt someone. Why? Time to shut your mouth and thank God for what you do have. And for the ones who are doing hurtful things to others and find it so difficult to be mature (no matter the age); let's wise up and grow up. All of our actions have consequences and it's time we remember that and be ready to own up to that for the rest of our lives, no matter what the case may be.
That will end our portion of Life: RAW edition...I tried to warn you ;)
-Casey





















No comments:
Post a Comment